Friday, May 1, 2009

Team Deathstar Holiday Chalets

Molly Brown's a cool British writer friend of mine (well, we've never met, but you know how the internetz are). Out of the blue, I got an email from her directing me to YouTube to see a short film she'd written. Which immediately impressed me, since not only have I never had so much as a short film produced, I've never so much as written a script of that particular nature. I'll let Molly give the intro in her own words:
What happened was, I got roped into being on a team competing in the Sci-Fi London 48 hour challenge. (In case you don't know how a 48 hour challenge works, they assign each team a title, a line of dialogue, and a prop. You then have 48 hours to get a completed film incorporating all of your assigned criteria back to them.)

Our assigned title was: "THIS IS..." Required line of Dialogue: "The floor dropped away from me before I started to follow it." Required prop: a map of Europe with three red circles drawn on it.

And it was *my* job to write the script.


I have to admit, they had me at "Zombies." Change the setting to Austin and they'd have had an Oscar contender.

If you need more, Molly also send along a link to their "Zombie Jam." Pure bliss. Oh, and she's the woman wearing rubber gloves.

No comments: